Are you dreaming of hosting a yacht wedding reception in Marina del Rey? Wedding planning can be stressful, from flowers to food to everything in between but it doesn’t have to be.
Create a chic, memorable reception on a yacht using these five tips. Making the reception a night to remember is the key to making sure your guests have fun. Here’s how:
1. Hire an Awesome MC
At any party, awkward silence can ruin the mood. Get professional help to keep the night moving smoothly between courses and speeches. A great MC is one way to keep the party vibe going.
Whether your MC is a family member, friend, or professional entertainer, make time to meet and formalize a plan for your special day. In addition to making announcements, the MC introduces the speeches and keeps your guests informed of what’s happening.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right MC for your reception.
- Look for an MC that’s funny, relatable, and sober.
- A good MC should know both you and your groom. In some cases, this may mean having two MCs, one from your side and one from the groom’s side.
- On one of the most important days of your life, you want someone who will be able to speak effectively. MCs should follow a few simple rules.
- There should be no swearing.
- Stories should be clean and appropriate for all ages
- Be familiar with the schedule of events for the reception.
Given the special atmosphere that luxury yacht weddings provide, the right MC can ensure that all the events at your reception stay on track and guests have the best possible experience.
Everyone can just sit back, enjoy the fantastic view, and walk away with only the fondest of memories.
2. Short Speeches are Best
Nothing is worse than a wedding toast that goes on and on. To ensure that your guests are fed and dancing as soon as possible, setting a good pace is essential.
Help your speakers highlight only the most important points by giving them clear time limits, and these useful tips.
Killer wedding speeches have one thing in common: the right flow. Anyone can find their organic rhythm by considering these guidelines.
- Start with a surprising statement or question.
- Avoid jokes or mentioning how nervous you are. The goal is not to make your message one-way, but to engage your audience. If you don’t do this, you’ll lose them.
- Take the time to address your audience.
- Nerves are heightened when you focus on yourself. Instead, think about how you want your audience to feel.
- By speaking from the heart, you will make the couple feel special while also engaging the audience.
- Limit yourself to three points.
- Choose one to three aspects of the newlyweds that you love and appreciate, and use no more than three short stories to illustrate each of these (or that one aspect).
- It is best to tell a short story or stories in which the bride and groom are the heroes. This is an excellent way to structure your speech and keep your message focused.
- Practice your speech before delivering it on the big day
- In addition to practicing your speech, consider timing it as well. The wedding couple and their guests will appreciate it.
Speaking heartfelt words to your friends/family under the stars on a beautiful yacht makes it easy to relax and make your speech memorable.
The right atmosphere will put the speaker at ease and make this sweet time at the reception perfect for the bride and groom.
3. Provide a Comfortable Atmosphere
What is the number one enemy of a good time? Discomfort. Here are some tips to keep your wedding guests comfortable during your yacht wedding reception.
- Provide the appropriate welcome drinks. If your reception is in the middle of summer, serve your guests cool lemonade, or hot cider if it is winter.
- Offer sunglasses. For outdoor ceremonies, guests often forget their sunglasses. As a thank-you, give your guests a pair of sunglasses along with their program to ensure they can see you say “I do.”
- Provide flip-flops for dancing. This is a trend that a lot of brides and grooms are catching on to, simply because it’s cheap and it pays to have a full dance floor as the night goes on! Place a variety of sizes in a basket near the dance floor.
- Have extra snacks available. No matter what type of dinner you serve, your guests will probably be hungry after your First Dance. Keep everyone satisfied and happy by offering snacks during the reception’s final hour.
4. Allow Your Guests to Pick the Music
Playing the music that people want to dance to is the best way to get them on the dance floor! On your RSVPs, include a line where guests can request their favorite party tune – then give your DJ the list before the event to be sure they have it!
Music Tip #1: Think of your newly created playlist as a draft. Listen to it a few times and make edits as necessary.
Music Tip #2: You’d be surprised how eager your older relatives are to dance… make sure you play some golden oldies to really get the party hoppin’!
Music Tip #3: If you are helping to create the set list, make sure there is plenty of music on it. Consider 3-5 hours depending on the length of the reception. In case the cocktail hour or processional goes a little long or is delayed, make sure to include a few extra songs.
Music Tip #4: Add a variety of genres. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea if you play Frank Sinatra all night, and some might be terrified if all you play is Top 40 rap hits. Mix classic love songs with modern dance hits to get a good reaction from the audience.
Music Tip #5: For every five fast songs, play one slow song. Keeping the music’s tempo and energy fluctuating is essential. Continually playing fast songs will quickly exhaust the crowd.
These tips also hold true for any yacht party rentals in Los Angeles to make the evening an affair to remember and never forget. Organize activities for those who aren’t dancers. Dinner and dancing are expected at your wedding. Games like oversized Jenga or corn hole will not be expected. These are a great way to have some fun for guests who might not want to dance.
You could even offer beer and wine tastings to make it more unique. Be sure to ask about all-inclusive boat wedding packages that include these types of extras to give your guests the best experience.
5. Little Things Make a Big Difference
Gum and bobby pins in the bathrooms will help your guests feel refreshed, and a place to sit away from the dance floor will give them a break before heading back into the party.
Ultimately, it’s the little things that will make your guests want to party till the wee hours, and what will make your reception a roaring success.
Yacht wedding parties are interesting on their own, as they are unique and not often seen. However, there is a lot more that can be done to make them more exciting and fun.
Ensure the safety of your guests. Don’t forget to consider your guests’ safety and welfare as you enjoy the festivities. Make sure to hire a legitimate yacht rental Marina del Rey with appropriate credentials and experience.
A first aid kit should always be kept on hand in case of an unforeseen event, such as an accident. Our crew and event planners are on top of everything!
No matter what you decide to do with your reception, remember this. Let your guests know how much they mean to you by thanking them for coming! Here’s to some fun, dancing, and a few drinks. Best wishes with your wedding boat rental planning!
We’re here to help you plan every detail
We invite you to give us a call at 310-827-2220 or click here to submit an event query form to get you one step closer to hosting your dream wedding with FantaSea Yachts.