Posted February 5, 2013 by Fantasea Yachts Team
From our perspective, there is nothing better than an over-qualified Captain when it comes to the yachting industry. Being responsible for you and your loved ones is a top order and taken very seriously at FantaSea. We love that our Captains have taken the extra step towards educating the yachting world both in Marina del Rey and outside of our very tranquil harbor. Captain Jeff Gunn, with FantaSea since 2008 not only teaches Advanced First Aid for the Maritime Institute and all our crew but has also started teaching safe boating for other yacht instructors for the National Safe Boating Council. Captain Joel Eve, with FantaSea since his first charter aboard the Dandeana, from Newport Beach to Catalina, September 13, 1988 completed the course in 2012. Captain Joel took the Close Quarters Boat Handling for Instructors Course at Lake Pleasant, Phoenix, Arizona in October. While all yacht charter companies have captains, very few (if any) have captains certified as instructors by NSBC.
For all our wedding couples, both Captain Jeff and Captain Joel as well as Captain Luis and Captain Juan Carlos are also able to perform wedding Ceremonies aboard the Dandeana, RegentSea and FantaSea One f0r a nominal fee of $250 ~ The perfect way to tie the Nautical Knot at FantaSea.
We congratulation Captain Jeff Gunn and Captain Joel on completing the NSBC Certification and appreciate the professionalism and dedication that they exude on a daily basis.
Posted August 31, 2012 by Fantasea Yachts Team
We love this video of Karelyn & Robby 7-12-12 married aboard the RegentSea on a beautiful Saturday in July. Pre-wedding photos and Video taken at the Marriott Marina del Rey, GLO Lounge. Thank you to David and Kelsey Pluskat of Charles Lauren Films for the beautiful footage.
Posted April 5, 2012 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Even if you’ve been planning your wedding since you were a little girl, there are just some things you don’t think about….
Here are some helpful tips every bride should know before you get married:
– If you’re having hair and make-up done for your wedding make sure you have a trial run of both BEFORE your wedding day! Believe it or not many brides don’t and this has “potential disaster” written all over it
– Break in your wedding shoes!!! Ladies, we all know there is nothing worse than an uncomfortable pair of shoes… let alone on your wedding day…
– Have an emergency kit…some things to include:
a. shout wipes
c. mini sewing kit
d. lotion, baby powder, vaseline
e. band aids and neosporin
g. bobby pins
h. regular and double sided tape (you just never know!!)
i. cell phone charger
– Everyone will have an opinion and in my opinion….it’s easiest to just tell everyone “Yes!” they will never know the difference and this will save you a lot of frustration
– Be specific on your invitations whether or not guests are able to bring a date….if you’re not, this can turn into a very awkward conversation later on
– He wants to see YOU coming down the aisle, not someone who crashed dieted, lost a bunch of weight and looks nothing like the woman he fell in love with
– If you are changing your name the first change must be your social security card not your drivers license