Posted January 30, 2017 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Congratulations! You said “YES” to your most amazing partner and now refer to your beloved as FIANCE. This is an exciting time and your love deserves to be shouted from the highest mountain peak.
Here at FantaSea Yachts, we love meeting new couples and, of course, celebrating that love with a magical wedding. While we encourage couples to bask in their newly engaged glow, there IS a “must-do” checklist that should be completed once you get engaged. Don’t worry…we’re doing the heavy lifting and sharing what those tasks are, courtesy of celebrated wedding experts. Read on to find out what those “must dos” are!
- Brides Magazine: Advice includes insuring your ring, buying a ring holder (or two) and making a 5-year plan with your partner.
- The Knot: Featured tips include setting up a timetable, drafting a guest list and coming up with…gulp…your budget.
- Glamour: Suggestions include calling your relatives, getting your ring sized and planning a special date night with your fiance.
Our event team would also like to add one more tip…create a Pinterest board! Whether you keep it private or share it with your trusted posse, this is an easy way to compile your ideas. It’s also handy once you start meeting with vendors. This way, when the time comes, you can easily share your board, making it easy for others to grasp the concept of your vision.
What do you think wedding lovers? Are there any special tips you’d like to share with all the newly engaged couples? Sound off below!
~ The FantaSea Yachts Team
Posted October 20, 2016 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Whether you’ve cruised with us before or considering us for your next big event, we’re sharing a few, fun nuggets about what makes us Marina del Rey’s premier luxury yacht charter company!
When did FantaSea Yachts start its business?
We first entered the cool waters of Marina del Rey in 1980, and have been honored to serve this waterfront community for 36 years and counting.
Is FantaSea Yachts family-owned and operated?
It’s true! Companies like ours do exist. Not only are we a family business, but we consider our employees our family. Much of our team has worked at FantaSea for 10, 15, 20+ years! We’ve even gone on to hire the families of our staff. Several of our employees have also selected FantaSea as their chosen venue for their important life milestones. We’ve celebrated the weddings, birthdays and other joyous occasions of our employees aboard our yachts, which have been incredibly special for the entire team.
What makes FantaSea’s yacht fleet so distinct?
There are several factors that make our yachts special. One thing that our guests love is that our yachts are privately owned. We also only do private charters. The other key factor is the maintenance of the yachts. We have a crew that’s specifically dedicated to making sure our yachts are in the most pristine condition, from paint jobs and polishing to yacht maintenance and furniture design. When you step aboard one of our yachts, its proper care and upkeep will shine.
What are the most popular celebrations you see aboard FantaSea Yachts?
Weddings take the cake (pun intended) as our most popular event, but we’re more than just “the big day.” Celebrations take the form of many special occasions from anniversary parties and blow-out birthday bashes to retirement festivities and family reunions. But adults don’t have all the fun. We’ve done countless bar/bat mitzvahs, proms and other social engagements! Our celebrations video showcases the gamut of our soirees.
Are corporate events held aboard FantaSea Yachts?
One word: YES! We love catering to our corporate clients. Business luncheons, seminars at sea, dockside meetings, sunset cocktail cruises, welcome receptions, closing parties, we’ve seen/done it all! Not only are we experienced with the business community, but our close proximity to LAX (only 4 miles), makes us easily accessible to those flying in for the event. Our corporate video gives a sneak peek to our business savvy approach.
Silicon Beach is buzzing on the Westside. How has FantaSea worked with this sector?
We’re making waves with our neighboring tech community by partnering with several start-ups for mixers and receptions aboard our luxury yachts, providing an exclusive experience for guests. This summer we held a reception on-board our Dandeana yacht for Silicon Beach Fest. The group loved being on the water, taking in views of the Los Angeles coastline. Our unique setting is what makes the FantaSea Yachts experience so desirable.
What is one thing people might not know about FantaSea Yachts?
One thing that’s apparent from the get-go is that we absolutely love what we do. Our team is an experienced group of event planning professionals. When we say “from start to finish we help with every step of the process,” we absolutely mean it! Have a question about table settings? We’ll toy with arrangements until you find “the one.” Need help with a DJ, band or florist? We can recommend proven crowd-pleasers. Looking to reprioritize your event budget? We can help assess your needs and figure out where you’ll get the most value. Thinking of a custom menu? Our chef will feed your gastronomic vision. And best of all? We’re there on your big day to make sure everything runs as smoothly as planned. With FantaSea, our clients automatically have built-in wedding/special event planners who will work hard to perfectly execute your vision, no matter how intimate or grand.
Have another question for us? Want to learn more about our event planning services? Give us a call at 310- 827-2220 or submit your event inquiry here. We’d love to hear from you!
~ The FantaSea Yachts Team
Posted June 11, 2013 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Although FantaSea Planners are on site to take care of all the items for your big day, many of our brides and grooms have opted for doing things with the help of family and friends. We get it – everyone wants to be involved and everyone wants to help. Here are some useful tips if you are planning to open the circle of assistance to family and friends. “DIY” in this case means utilizing them to help! Don’t be shy – ask! You might be surprised as to how many people want to help you!
Step 1. Get organized – the first part of organizing – it’s time to assign tasks. Now let’s break it down by timeline – pre-ceremony & ceremony/ reception/ clean-up.
- Pre-Ceremony – items needed might be waters & snacks for wedding party as they wait, a bridal kit consisting of safety pins, extra corsage pins for flowers, clear nail polish, extra T-shirts for guys, aspirin (usually a must), pens, lipgloss, etc. and someone to be responsible for the Marriage License (before and after the ceremony), Guest Book, Box for Envelopes For Gift Table, Candles – etc… This is a perfect task for a family friend, a co-worker or a new family member who you wish to incorporate into the wedding.
- Ceremony – Flower distribution to bridemaids and groomsmen – ceremony programs, ring pillow, podium and microphone if needed, ceremony table for Unity Candle/and or items for Sand Ceremony/or Kiddush Cup and Marriage Glass for our Jewish Ceremonies. Lighter or matches! Bring a few! Ribbon, Ring Bearers Pillow, Flower Girl’s basket, Runner for bride to walk down, Tulle for roping of aisle and chairs, Scissors (always handy), Music for walking down the aisle – processional and recessional and VOWS if writing your own! One of the FantaSea Coordinators will be on hand to make sure that all have been set in place and that all needed items have been accounted for once they are delivered to FantaSea.
- Reception – Items needed might be Votive Candles, table numbers, seating chart, favors, printed table menus, pictures, additional décor, runners for tables (if providing your own) Playlist and No Play list of music for DJ, phone numbers for all vendors (assign a person to keep an eye out for the times with which everyone is scheduled to arrive and a number for the vendor if they are late!), List of shots for photographer, Cake cutting knife, Personalized champagne flutes for Bride & Groom, TO GO BOX FROM BAKERY FOR LEFTOVER CAKE*****
- Clean-up – Know who is going to be taking gifts and items that were brought in for decor, etc. home for you and who will be loading these items into the car and which car. Groomsmen are perfect for this task. Tip envelopes for vendors – should be passed out at end of night – the best man should be responsible for this duty. In addition to FantaSea staff, someone to check the bridal rooms and venue to make sure nothing is left behind.
My best advice – approach your wedding day as if you were moving! Buy clear plastic boxes (so you can see what’s inside each one) and label them on the outside with a list of EVERYTHING in it! Also note for what part of the wedding it is for. Then at the end of the night – have a packing slip already made – where the staff and person responsible on your end can check the packing slip so that nothing is forgotten. The best part is that this can all be done WEEKS prior to the wedding! You can have the boxes ready and not worry about it! Trust me this will save you time on the wedding day – and especially at the end of the night!
Good luck and happy planning!