Posted February 25, 2017 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Mardi Gras is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than by throwing the ultimate bead-filled bash! Since we specialize in parties, we couldn’t resist sharing some of our favorite tips for planning your very own “Mardi Gras Mania.”
Make a Splash with Color: Color makes everything better, so why not add a pop or two with your decorations? There’s no question that purple reigns supreme with the Mardi Gras color scheme, but other shades like green, gold, and blue are also celebrated accents. Get creative with your decor and incorporate these festive hues where you can. From napkins and table linens to centerpieces and balloons, there are so many ways to ring in the Mardi Gras spirit.
Masks & Beads: It’s a 99.9% guarantee that party-goers associate NOLA’s famous beads and masks with Mardi Gras, making these an absolute MUST for your soiree. Display them on your table. Pass them out to your guests. Incorporate into your decor. However you choose, share them LOUD and PROUD as they are iconic showpieces of the festivities.
Food Overload: Mardi Gras is often referred to as “Fat Tuesday”…with good reason. This is the day to load up on all of your favorite treats. Cupcakes? Go for it. Chips & dip? Coming right up. Pizza? Yes, please. If there ever was a day to eat without guilt, this is the day to do it!
For that extra WOW factor, test your baking skills (and sweet tooth) with these Mardi Gras Mask Cookies from Sweetopia or this Mardi Gras Macarons found on HGTV!
Cocktail Swilling: Enjoy your feast to the max with two cocktails that are synonymous with the spirit of the Big Easy…Hurricanes and Sazerac. Two very different drinks, each a very quintessential NOLA experience.
Jazz it up with Music: To put it simply, a party isn’t party without M-U-S-I-C. Fill your celebration with sounds of the South. Crank up some funky jazz. Blast some classic NOLA tunes. Or share your favorite party playlist. Just make sure the volume is turned up!
With these party planning tips, your Mardi Gras will be rockin’. Do you have a favorite way to celebrate? Sound off in comments below!
~ The FantaSea Yachts Team
Posted April 25, 2013 by Fantasea Yachts Team
Grab your re-usable shopping bag and come on down! To our delight, the Marina del Rey’s Farmer’s Market, officially planted roots in our backyard today. Executive Chef Edward Valles and Executive Sous Chef Wilson Angel enjoyed meeting folks from the community, talking with growers and vendors and becoming familiar with the items that are available to us each Thursday from 9:00am – 2:00pm.
The weekly Market will offer fresh, locally-grown organic and conventional fruits and veggies, gluten-free bakery items as well as prepared and packaged foods, hand-crafted products and much more!
Meet todays Growers: Denny’s Organic Farms, Fair Hills Farms, Gonzaga Farms, Xiong & Moua Chua, Gama Farms, Gaytan Farms, Scott Farms, Jonas Bees, Adams Olive Ranch, Ha’s Apples, Etheridge Farms Angel Farms, Ruby Farms, Avila and Sons, Salam Ranch, Maust’s California Poultry, Novy Ranches, Skyline Flowers, Atkins and Evergreen Nursery.
Meet todays Vendors: Messy Jesse BBQ, Ruben’s Nuts, Me Gusta Gourmet Tamales, Moms Products, Conscious Foods, Mom’s Specialties, Border Grill, Diana’s Bakery, Juice Crafters, Flor de Lima, Meditea, Rushhour Flowers and Joelle Olive Oil and Radiance Skincare.
The Market is located at 4101 Admiralty Way – Marina “Mother’s Beach” – parking lot 10. Stop in and say hello since you’re here!
Posted April 4, 2013 by Fantasea Yachts Team
If you haven’t ventured into Marina del Rey lately, you may be surprised at all the cool things going on. FantaSea Yachts & Yacht Club is proud to have been a member of the coastal community for the past 33 years and is always excited to witness the new and exciting things that pop up. Thanks to our wonderful Marina del Rey Convention and Visitors Bureau for their efforts in spreading the word and keeping us all updated.
- “Beach Eats” returns to Marina Beach today and will run every Thursday from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Come enjoy Food Truck Paradise! Featured trucks tonight include Slammin Sliders, Komodo, Holy Aioli, Rolln Loyster, CityDogs, Sweet Arleens and The Grilled Cheese Truck. We gotta say….Perfect for the casual cool Wedding Rehearsal crowd coming our way each Thursday.
- The Marina del Rey Farmer’s Market will officially begin April 25 and will be held Thursday mornings from 9:00am – 2:00pm – also at Marina Beach.
- Paiche, the highly anticipated new Peruvian restaurant from acclaimed chef Ricardo Zarate, will open April 12.
- The Marina del Rey’s Summer Concert Series returns to Burton Chase Park this July.
- The Hilton Garden Inn will open May 1 and is now accepting reservations.
- “Hop on Hop off” (the popular city sightseeing tour operated by Starline) will also make it’s Marina del Rey debut May 1. Service will begin at Fisherman’s Village, travel along Admiralty way by FantaSea Yachts, then to Venice Beach and Santa Monica, where it connects to other LA routes.
When you do come down, come on in a say hello to the FantaSea Family – we are here to serve you!